Bearly Drivers Carpool Group
The Bearly Drivers carpool group is a Parking & Transportation Services program that brings together and benefits carpooling Washington University in St Louis commuters.
Benefits of Membership
By carpooling as a member of the Bearly Drivers carpool group:
- Purchase an annual parking permit for the reduced rate of:
- $200 for carpools with two members
- $100 for carpools with three members
- $50 for carpools with four members
- Each carpool member received two free daily scratch-off permits per month
- Take advantage of reserved parking spaces for carpools (spaces are reserved until 2 p.m.)
- Be registered for a chance to win monthly and annual prizes
You are eligible to be a Bearly Drivers carpool group member if:
- You are a full-time Danforth, North or West Campus employee
- All the members of your carpool have returned any other annual parking permits
- There are two or more members in your carpool
- All carpool members have completed and signed the carpool application
- The primary driver has completed and submitted the Parking & Transportation Services vehicle registration form
Step One: Form Your Carpool
If you don’t already have carpool partners in mind, you can use the Bearly Drivers ride-matching service (a service provided by GreenRide) to find potential carpool partners to share your commute. After you register and provide your specific commute info, you will receive contact information for other Washington University commuters with similar commutes. Visit the GreenRide website for WUSTL
to get your carpool started!
Step Two: Apply for a Carpool Permit
To apply for a Bearly Drivers carpool permit, download and complete the carpool permit application
. Each carpool member must meet the eligibility requirements on the application and each member must complete and sign the application.
Your carpool must pick a “primary driver” who will be responsible for the permit. This individual must bring the application to the Parking & Transportation Services office at North Campus and also must fill out the Parking & Transportation Services vehicle registration form.
Changing Your Carpool
If your carpool disbands, your Bearly Drivers carpool permit is no longer valid and must be returned to Parking & Transportation Services immediately. If your carpool situation changes but does not disband completely, please contact Parking & Transportation Services
In Case of an Emergency
All registered Bearly Drivers carpool group program members are automatically registered for the Guaranteed Ride Home program through Citizens for Modern Transit
. This program provides reimbursement for a taxi ride home if you or an immediate family member becomes sick or if you have unexpected, unscheduled overtime with no advance warning.
Anyone found to be in violation of the Bearly Drivers carpool group program and/or parking permit policies
set forth by Washington University’s Parking & Transportation Services is subject to revocation of transportation and/or parking privileges. Instances of egregious misconduct may result in further administrative, disciplinary and/or legal action, up to and including termination of employment.