The Bearly Drivers Carpool Program allows up to two to four people who are – 1) driving to and from campus, 2) at the same time, 3) and in one vehicle – to associate one single parking permit with multiple vehicles.
Being a member of a Bearly Drivers Carpool offers the following benefits:
- Financial savings due to shared commuting and parking costs;
- Designated parking;
- Reduced carbon emissions;
- Reduced wear and tear on vehicles;
- Free enrollment in the Guaranteed Ride Home; and
- The opportunity to create new friendships.
Each participant must meet the following criteria for the duration of the permit:
- Permanent full-time Washington University Danforth Campus faculty/staff member;
- Does not work remotely;
- Paid directly by WashU;
- Shared similar day-time work schedule; and
- Does not hold any other Washington University parking permit.
- The Bearly Drivers Program is an annual program that requires the yearly submission of a Bearly Drivers application.
- One permit is assigned per carpool and is valid in designated Bearly Drivers spaces within the assigned zone (see below). Each member will be payroll deducted once a month during the permit year.
- Note: Payroll deductions will not cease until the physical permit has been returned to Parking and Transportation Permits returned on or before the first Friday of the month will not be charged for that calendar month.
- Members must register all vehicles they drive to campus. A vehicle may only be registered to one person.
- Each carpool member with a registered vehicle on file with Parking & Transportation Services will be allocated one validation per month. The validations are valid in visitor parking in the DUC, Snow Way, Millbrook and East End Garages. Bearly Driver validations are non-transferrable. Lost or stolen validations will not be replaced.
- Parking & Transportation Services must be notified within seven (7) calendar days of any changes to the eligibility of one or more members.
- Should a member leave a carpool, the remaining eligible members must contact Parking and Transportation as a new permit will need to be issued.
- Any changes to a member’s vehicle information/license plate, campus box and/or contact information should be communicated to Parking and Transportation via email.
- Any misuse of the program, failure to alert Parking and Transportation Services of eligibility changes, and/or giving false information may result in a loss of all Washington University parking and transportation privileges, permanent ban from the carpool program, fines and disciplinary action.
- All other parking rules and regulations apply.
Valid August 1, 2020-July 31, 2021
- 2-person carpool: $270 per person
$22.50/month payroll deducted
- 3-person carpool: $180 per person
$15.00/month payroll deducted
- 4-person carpool: $100 per person
$8.33/month payroll deducted
Carpools can request one of the following locations that are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- East End Garage – level 1
- Lot 40 – east of Mallinckrodt in front of the Goldfarb Plant Growth Facility greenhouse
- Snow Way Garage – level 3
- Millbrook Garage – east end of level 3
- Lot 58 – Church Lot
- North Campus – south lot
- West Campus Garage
An application must be submitted by every carpool desiring a 2020-2021 Bearly Drivers permit. Permits will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis based on the order the applications are submitted. Eligibility is confirmed before issuance of the permit. To complete the Bearly Driver Carpool application, the following is needed:
- Select a member to be the “captain” of the carpool.
- This individual will complete the online application on behalf of your carpool and be the primary point of contact for Parking & Transportation Services. The validation tickets will be sent to the captain’s campus box and will be responsible for distributing them to other carpool member(s).
- Select a parking location from the list above.
- Compile the following information for each member:
- First and last name
- Employee ID number (6-digit # found by logging into HRMS and clicking Main Menu – Employee Self Service – Payroll and Compensation – View Paycheck).
- WashU email address
- Home address
- Daytime phone number
- Vehicle information (It is not necessary for non-captain members to own a vehicle.):
- License plate number
- State issuing license plate
- Vehicle make/manufacturer (e.g., Acura, Chevrolet, Mazda, Honda, etc.)
- Vehicle color
- Department name
- Supervisor/department head’s first and last name and email address
- By submitting an application, all members are authorizing Washington University Parking and Transportation to payroll deduct the cost associated with a Bearly Drivers permit.
- Permits will not be issued until outstanding citations have paid in full by all members of a carpool. Please view/pay citations on the Employees Citations
- In an effort to mitigate in-person contact, the Bearly Drivers permit will be mailed to the home address of the designated captain.
- Permits will be mailed beginning August 10, 2020.