The following are violations to parking regulations that, in addition to a citation, could also result in the vehicle being towed from campus with no prior notice.
- Vehicle is parked in a fire lane or restricted zone. Campus fire lanes must always be kept clear to allow appropriate response from emergency teams.
- All fire lanes on campus will be designated in one or more of the following ways:
- Traffic sign indicating fire lane
- “FIRE LANE” painted on the pavement
- Yellow curb
- Diagonal yellow lines on pavement
- “Authorized Vehicles Only” signage
- Vehicle is not correctly parked between two white lines, including at unmarked curbs.
- Vehicles is parked in spaces reserved for departments, Bearly Drivers, CarShare vehicles, or for special events.
- Vehicle is parked in an area not specifically designated for parking.
- Vehicle is parked illegally in a space designated as ADA or in accessible parking spots designated for those who need to park close to buildings.
- Only those with state-issued disabled plates or placards and a paid WashU permit or pass may use accessible spaces.
- Vehicle is displaying a lost, stolen, invalid, altered, and/or fraudulent annual permit or short-term pass.
In addition to a fine of up to $1,000 for displaying a lost, stolen, invalid, altered, and/or fraudulent annual permit or short-term pass, the car will be towed at the owner’s expense, the violator could have his/her parking privileges revoked, and the owner may be referred for criminal prosecution.