ALL members must meet ALL the eligibility criteria for the duration of the permit.
- Be a full-time, permanent, paid Washington University faculty/staff who works full-time on the Danforth, North, or West Campus.
- Not an evening or night-shift, split-shift, or alternative-shift employee who does not work full-time on a Danforth campus.
- All members will ride with the carpool at least 4 days per week, Monday-Friday.
- Not drive and park near campus as part of your carpool commitment.
- Will not use any other Washington University parking permit except for an Official Business Permit.
- Would be required to display a Washington University Danforth parking permit when parking at your place of work.
- Every member of a carpool must have their portion of the permit automatically payroll deducted each month for the duration of the permit. To stop the payroll deduction, the carpool may return the permit to the Parking & Transportation Services office.
- Each carpool is assigned one permit.
- All members must register any vehicles they drive to campus. A vehicle may only be registered to one person.
- In the event that one of the participants needs to drive separately, non-primary drivers with a separate, valid vehicle on file with Parking & Transportation Services will be allocated one garage validation ticket per month. Validations lost in campus mail may not be replaced, and validation tickets issued through this program are non-transferrable.
- If a permit is lost or stolen, there will be a $15.00 replacement fee that cannot be payroll deducted.
- Carpools must reapply for a Bearly Drivers permit each year if they want to continue to participate in the program.
Bearly Drivers must park in their one assigned area. Carpools are able to request one of the following locations that are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Zone 2 – Lot 40 (east of Mallinckrodt in front of the Goldfarb Plant Growth Facility greenhouse)
- Zone 3 – Snow Way Garage: level 3
- Zone 3 – Millbrook Garage: east end of level 3
- Zone 4 – Lot 58 (Church Lot)
- Zone 5 – North Campus
- Zone 5 – West Campus Garage
Changes to your Carpool & Program Violations
- Audits of the program will be performed. It is every member’s responsibility to ensure that Parking & Transportation Services is notified of any changes to the carpool status or members’ eligibility.
- Your permit is not valid if any member no longer meets the eligibility requirements. If that happens, the remaining eligible members must reapply to be issued a new carpool permit.
- You must contact Parking & Transportation Services within 7 calendar days if any member no longer rides with the group at least 4 days per week, is no longer a full-time, paid Danforth faculty/staff member, and/or has ANY other changes to the eligibility requirements.
- You must contact Parking & Transportation Services if there are any changes to a member’s vehicle information/license plate, home address and/or contact information.
- Any misuse of the program, failing to alert Parking & Transportation Services of any eligibility changes, and/or giving false information may result in a loss of all Washington University parking and transportation privileges, permanent ban from the carpool program, fines and disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Enroll in Guaranteed Ride Home in Case of Emergency
All registered Bearly Drivers members may enroll in the Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program for free by completing an online form on the RideFinders website. This program provides registered carpooler members up to four FREE (up to $125 per ride) one-way authorized taxi rides per calendar year in case of a sudden illness or personal emergency, unscheduled overtime with no advanced warning, or unanticipated absence of driver or vehicle.
The one-way ride must start at your work location and end at home or a commuter lot, daycare facility, hospital or healthcare provider. You must contact your Employee Transportation Coordinator or RideFinders at 800-847-7433 to request a GRH. They will schedule your ride and send you a voucher to give the taxi. Users must be registered prior to the date of the GRH.
Please visit ridefinders.org/grh.aspx to learn more about the GRH program and enroll.