Washington University in St. Louis Parking & Transportation Services requires the registration of all charter buses brought to campus. Registration is required because of limited space on campus and to ensure that there is an available area accommodate buses as well as to address safety in the boarding and unloading process.
There is no guarantee that bus registration requests will be granted. Please note that bus companies are not permitted to finalize a bus reservation for the Danforth Campus until they receive approval from the Parking & Transportation Services office.
Bus Registration Policies
- WashU bus registration policies are in place to make the bus process easy, efficient and safe for all parties involved.
- Students or departments wishing to bring buses on campus must first make an online request with the Parking & Transportation Services office no less than two weeks before the event.
Charter Bus Registration Request Form
- All buses require a Washington University faculty member, staff member or student as the sponsor/contact person.
- One bus is required per 100 people attending if buses are continuously looping between campus and the venue.
- Any event involving more than four buses, requires security guards to monitor boarding and unloading with a minimum of two guards per bus. At the discretion of university staff, a requirement for additional guards may be added to any event and will be the responsibility of the sponsoring group.
Busing to Events with Alcohol
- Any reservation that involves transporting passengers to an event with alcohol requires security guards to monitor boarding, transport and unloading with a minimum of two guards per bus. At the discretion of university staff, a requirement for additional guards may be added to any event and will be the responsibility of the sponsoring group.
- A minimum of one sober contact per bus is required. The sober contact is responsible for monitoring the boarding, transport and unloading of each bus.
- Sober and primary contacts must meet with security 30 minutes before boarding to review responsibilities and expectations. Boarding may not begin until this security briefing has taken place.
- Security guards may prohibit individuals who are visibly intoxicated from boarding buses.
Failure to Follow Guidelines
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in cancellation of the bus reservation and/or future limitations on bus requests. In the event of a cancellation or failure to follow these guidelines, the sponsoring group or individual will be solely responsible for the forfeiture of any deposits or payments made to the bus company.