Please be aware of important alerts and closures.
2020-21 Parking Permits
Those eligible to park on the Danforth Campus during the 2020-21 academic year will need to purchase a new parking permit; however, sales for 2020-21 parking permits have not yet started. As of now, WashU Danforth Campus employees will tentatively be able to purchase a permit for the coming year starting July 15. Graduate students and undergrads will tentatively be able to purchase permits starting July 22. A notification will be sent to WashU email accounts when sales are live. Now through August 24, parking in yellow permit or visitor designated spaces is allowed without permit/payment. Learn more
COVID-19 Updates for Danforth Parking & Transportation
Parking and Transportation Services has created a dedicated COVID-19 webpage for important news and alerts regarding the impact of COVID-19 on the Danforth Campus.
Metro is suspending service for #1 Gold and #5 Green line: effective March 30
Effective Monday, March 30, Metro is suspending service, until further notice, for the #1 Gold and #5 Green line. Their news release indicates that ridership on lines that serve businesses and schools, that have closed, has declined. In response, Metro is shifting available personnel and vehicles.
Medical Campus Permit Reciprocity: effective Feb 1
Due to capacity constraints, the Medical School will be temporarily relocating Danforth reciprocal parkers from Lot-L (view map) to 1234 South Kingshighway Blvd. Two shuttles will be operating from this location. Review details on the Reciprocity webpage.
East End Garage: Important Alert
Over the next few days, you will notice Parking and Transportation deploying new temporary signage on P1 of the East End Garage. The new space designations will officially be in effect beginning Monday, Jan. 13.
- Temporary signage installed Wednesday, January 8 – Friday, January 10, 2020.
- Enforcement according to new designations will begin on Monday, Jan. 13, 2020.
- Red-permit parking spaces on P1 have been adjusted and realigned to better meet demand.
- Reserved Bearly Drivers spaces will move from the center of the garage to the south side of the west wall.
- Enterprise CarShare spaces will be divided and move from the center of the garage to the north and south sides.
- Yellow spaces will be removed from P1. All yellow spaces will be located on the ramp leading to P2 and on P2.
- Permanent signage to be installed the week of Spring Break.
These changes are expected to enhance the East End parking experience for both visitors and permit holders alike. Contact the team with questions at 314-935-5601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Campus Transportation Policies
In response to significant safety concerns, WashU is introducing a new policy on electric scooters and other motorized transportation devices as well as a new bike policy featuring rules on the safe operation of bikes, proper parking and a new bike registration requirement. Review the new policies.
Shuttle & Alerts Calendar
Attention mobile phone users: Turn your device to horizontal view for best results.View Accessible Version