This cost-saving permit allows 2-4 full-time, benefits-eligible employees who carpool to and from campus to share a permit. The permit allows you to park in convenient, designated spaces within your zone and includes free enrollment in the Guaranteed Ride Home program.
Applications for 2021-2022 Bearly Drivers permits open June 14, 2021.
Carpools can request one of the following locations. These will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Bearly Drivers spaces are marked and conveniently located. View map of parking zones.
- East End Garage – level 1
- Lot 40 – east of Mallinckrodt in front of the Goldfarb Plant Growth Facility greenhouse
- Snow Way Garage – level 3
- Millbrook Garage – east end of level 3
- Lot 58 – church lot
- North Campus – south lot
- West Campus Garage
- 2-person carpool: $270 per person
$22.50/month payroll deducted
- 3-person carpool: $180 per person
$15.00/month payroll deducted
- 4-person carpool: $100 per person
$8.33/month payroll deducted
Fill out an application every year you want to participate in the carpool program. Be sure to register each vehicle your carpool plans to park on campus.
Each carpool member with a registered vehicle will receive one validation ticket per month. These can be used in visitor spaces in the DUC, Snow Way, Millbrook and East End Garages. (Please note: These are non-transferrable and we cannot replace them if lost or stolen.)
Once you are enrolled, one permit will be assigned to your carpool. The cost will be split and deducted from each member’s payroll throughout the permit year. If you need to cancel your Bearly Drivers permit, please do so before the first Friday of the month in which you’re canceling.
Please notify us within seven calendar days of any changes to the members, vehicles, license plate numbers, campus boxes or contact information for any member of your carpool. If a member decides to leave the carpool, we’ll need to issue a new permit. Be sure to follow all rules and regulations. Misuse of the program may result in a loss of privileges, fines or disciplinary actions.
Permit holders will need to meet the following criteria:
- be a permanent, full-time WashU Danforth Campus faculty/staff member
- not work remotely
- be paid directly by WashU
- share similar daytime work schedule with fellow carpoolers
- not hold any other WashU parking permit
If you would like a 2021-2022 Bearly Drivers permit, please submit a carpool application. Be sure to have the following information handy:
- Choose one member to be your carpool’s “captain”.
This individual will complete the online application on behalf of their carpool and be the primary point of contact for P&T. They’ll also be responsible for distributing validation tickets to all carpool members. These will be sent to the captain’s campus box or home address.
- Choose your preferred parking location.
- Compile the following information for each member:
- First and last name
- Employee ID number (6-digit # found by logging into HRMS and clicking Main Menu – Employee Self Service – Payroll and Compensation – View Paycheck).
- WashU email address
- Home address
- Daytime phone number
- Vehicle information (It is not necessary for non-captain members to own a vehicle.):
- License plate number
- State issuing the license plate
- Vehicle make/manufacturer (e.g., Acura, Chevrolet, Mazda, Honda, etc.)
- Vehicle color
- Department name
- Supervisor/department head’s first and last name and email address
- By submitting an application, all members are authorizing Washington University Parking and Transportation to payroll deduct the cost associated with a Bearly Drivers permit.
- Permits will not be issued until outstanding citations have paid in full by all members of a carpool. Please view/pay citations on the Employees Citations.
- In an effort to mitigate in-person contact, the Bearly Drivers permit will be mailed to the home address of the designated captain.
- Parking and Transportation Services has moved to “open park” operations and will continue such operations through September 13, 2020. During this timeframe, parking in yellow permit or visitor designated spaces is allowed without permit/payment. Permits will be mailed in early to mid-September.