Full-time Danforth faculty and staff can enjoy a variety of benefits by joining the Bearly Drivers carpool group.
- Reduced permit costs:
- $25 per person for 4 member carpools ($100 total).
- $66.66 per person for 3 member carpools ($200 total).
- $150 per person for 2 member carpools ($300 total).
- 1 FREE daily permit per month for non-primary drivers.
- Designated parking spaces that are available only to Bearly Drivers members.
- Ability to enroll in Guaranteed Ride Home program.
- Save money on gas and the many other costs associated with driving every day, like car maintenance, wear and tear on your vehicle and depreciation.
- Carpoolers frequently rate their commutes as less stressful than those of solo drivers, and they get extra time to relax on the days they don’t have to drive.
To enroll in the 2017-18 program, contact Becca Gilberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each member must meet ALL of the following criteria for the duration of the permit.
- ALL members of the carpool ride to campus together at least 85% of the work days per month.
- Be a full-time Washington University employee and work on the Danforth, North, or West Campus.
- Not be an evening or night-shift, split-shift, or alternative-shift employee.
- Not drive and park near campus as part of my carpool commitment.
- Display a Washington University parking permit when parking at your place of work.
- Not use any other Washington University parking permit except daily permits/validations and/or hourly charged garage parking.
- Understand that if false information is intentionally given to obtain a carpool permit, you may lose the privilege to receive any transportation beneﬁts from Washington University, and may receive disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Changes to Your Carpool
If your carpool disbands, your Bearly Drivers carpool permit is no longer valid and must be returned to Parking & Transportation Services immediately. If your carpool members change, please contact Parking & Transportation Services for instructions immediately.
Enroll in Guaranteed Ride Home in Case of Emergency
All registered Bearly Drivers members are able to enroll in the Guaranteed Ride Home program by visiting the RideFinders website. This program provides registered carpoolers up to four FREE one-way taxi rides home per calendar year in case of a personal emergency, illness, unscheduled overtime, early daycare/school/work release or unanticipated absence of driver or vehicle. The cost of the taxi ride is covered up to $125 and does not include gratuity.
To use a Guaranteed Ride Home, the Bearly Drivers member must request a ride by calling either Becca Gilberg, Alternative Transportation Coordinator, at 314-935-9275 or RideFinders at 800-847-7433. One of those contacts will schedule the ride for you and email/fax a form that you’ll give to the taxi driver as your payment.
Anyone found to be in violation of the Bearly Drivers carpool group program and/or parking permit policies set forth by Washington University’s Parking & Transportation Services is subject to revocation of transportation and/or parking privileges. Instances of egregious misconduct may result in further administrative, disciplinary and/or legal action, up to and including termination of employment.