The OPP permit will not be offered during the Spring 2021 semester. Instead, we are adjusting the visitor hourly rates in the garages by 50 percent, to align with OPP rates. View garage rates.
The Occasional Parking Program (OPP) Permit provides up to 480 hours of parking in a member’s assigned zone on a per use basis at a reduced hourly rate.
2021 OPP Eligibility
|Danforth Graduate Students||X|
|Basic Service Contractors|
Allied Universal, Aramark, Bon Appetit, Catering St. Louis, Focal Pointe, Follett, Huntleigh, WFF
|2020-2021 annual Danforth permit holders (except motorcycle)||X|
|Undergraduate Residential Students||X|
|Undergraduate Commuter Students||X|
How It Works
After registration and membership fee payment of $15, a zone-specific OPP permit will be issued to eligible individuals based on selection. When entering the appropriate parking facility, the system will automatically grant access to these members and track time spent parked between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Upon exiting, the system will calculate payment at a reduced OPP rate. Members will be able to pay via credit card or via the Passport Parking app, depending on each individual’s assigned zone.
OPP Rate Structure
After one-time Membership fee of $15.00
|Hours Parked||Amount Owed|
Where Do I Park?
If your permit is tied to Zone 1, 2, or 3, you are eligible to park in any visitor designated parking spaces located in your zone’s parking garage. Your permit will automatically activate the garage gates to open. Parking in the surface lot is not permitted.
- Zone 1: East End Garage
- Zone 2: Danforth Underground Garage
- Zone 3: Millbrook Garage and Snow Way Garage
- Zone 5-W: West Campus Garage
If your OPP permit is valid in Zone 4, North Campus or West Campus, you are eligible to park only in Passport visitor spaces. The Passport Parking app will identify these individuals as OPP members and automatically charge the reduced OPP rate.
- Zone 4: Passport Parking spaces on the roof of the Wallace Garage on the South 40.
- North Campus: Passport Parking spaces in the surface lot.
- Zone 5-W: West Campus Passport Parking spaces
OPP permits are not the best option for those who need frequent access to parking on the Danforth Campus. Before requesting an OPP permit, please carefully review the content on this webpage to ensure an OPP membership meets your needs.
- If an OPP permit is surrendered within seven (7) calendar days, your membership fee will be refunded. No portion of the membership fee will be refunded after seven (7) calendar days.
- Parking & Transportation will reward the use of sustainable commuting practices by issuing a $15 check at the end of the permit cycle for members that held an OPP permit throughout the permit year (August 1- July 31) and utilized less than 121 hours of parking during that timeframe.
- The OPP permit and remaining hours expire on July 31, 2021.
- If a member uses all 480 hours during the permit year, they can continue to use the OPP permit to access his or her assigned zone and parking area but the reduced OPP rates will no longer be available. Instead, members would then pay visitor hourly rates.
Apply for your FY21 OPP Permit
If your specific zone is unavailable, you can be added to the waitlist.