With WashU Rides, you can:
- Form a WashU carpool or bikepool – either a one-time trip or ongoing commute – by connecting with other users with similar schedules along your route. You can indicate if you want to be the driver, rider or both as well as add custom text with additional details and preferences. Your full address and last name will not be shared.
*Although you may not find the perfect match at first, more options will become available as more people join. Please help spread the word.
- Explore and compare your commute options so you can identify the most convenient, economical, and sustainable options. The interactive map lets you view transportation-related items like commuter parking lots where carpool members can meet and park, bike lanes, transit stops, and more.
- Log your trips to track how much money and CO2 you have saved, as well as how many calories you’ve burned and miles you’ve traveled via alternative transportation! In the future, trip logging will be used to win prizes for alternative transportation commutes.
- Add and search event-specific carpool matches and other transportation options so it is easy for attendees to find transportation options to the event.
Additional features will be added in the future. Keep an eye out for updates!
- Visit rides.wustl.edu on your computer or smartphone. Although it’s a mobile-friendly webpage, you’ll have a better user experience on your computer.
- Click “login here”, and enter your WUSTL Key (WashU ID and password). If you don’t know your WUSTL Key, please visit IT’s WUSTL Connect page for help.
- Select your university status and campus.
- From the homepage or dashboard, enter your starting location and ending destination to view your commute options, carpool/bikepool matches and explore relevant transportation map layers.
- Save your commute for easy access and/or to allow potential carpool and/or bikepool matches to contact you.
Danforth employees who save their commute and select they’re interested in carpooling or bikepooling will be entered in a raffle to win up to $75! There will be numerous winners each semester.
Additional help getting started:
- Welcome to Your Dashboard!
- My Commute Widget Overview
- Planning & Saving Trips
- Find, Contact, and Share Carpools or Bikepools
Carpooling & Bikepooling
If you’re interested in carpooling or bikepooling, you can view your matches by clicking on the carpool or bike tab after entering your commute. Once you find a potential match, you can easily send an email directly through the site. Carpool messages will be sent to the individual’s work email from firstname.lastname@example.org. To allow others to match with you, click “Start a Carpool” or “Start a Bikepool” on the trip planner screen or add your commute on your dashboard by clicking “Let’s Go” under “My Commutes”.
For one-time carpool trips – like road trips over breaks – check out the Rideboard tool.
Once you’ve made an account, you can download the Commute Tracker app for IOS or Android to trip plan, view transportation map layers, manage carpools and more!
Please help spread the word so we have a larger pool of potential carpool/bikepool matches. Contact email@example.com if you’d like to partner with Parking & Transportation & the Office of Sustainability on spreading the word through your network.